CHENG-YU LAI'S ADVANCED FUNCTIONAL MATERIALS LAB
About Our Work
MS and Ph.D. degree positions
We are currently recruiting graduate students for M.S. and Ph.D. positions.
We welcome self-motivated, outstanding candidates wishing to contribute to research in the area of advanced functional materials such as :
- Cancer research: Intracellular biomacromolecules (DNA, RNA, and proteins) delivery nanodevice for biological systems; application in colorectal cancer
- Bio-catalysis: Enzymatic conversion of non-food biomass in food products. Energy and the Environment
- Catalysts for Biofuels Synthesis: Metal, and metal-oxide nanocatalysts on porous materials support for catalytic conversion of non-food biomass to fuels;
- Sensors: Porous materials for environmental applications (sensing of water contaminants and carbon capture).
- Sustainable/Bio-renewable resources utilization.
- Other Advanced Materials Research Area:
- Materials Chemistry
- Electronic, Optical, and Magnetic Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Naturally-Occurring Polymers
- 3D Printing – In-Situ Resource Utilization (NASA)
Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your research interests, unofficial transcripts and CV.